Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tie-Dye Cupcakes!

I wanted to experiment with making mini-cupcakes, and thought 'tie-dye' would be fun, so I gave it a whirl! First I mixed up a regular white cake mix. Separated it evenly into 4 bowls. Then took food coloring to make 4 vibrant colors for Tenlee's Tinkerbell themed birthday party.


Green, Purple, Blue and Pink!
 With lots of help from the up and coming three-year old we did this....


I used 4 plastic syringes to fill each cupcake tin with every color!

FUNKY!

I baked them at 350ยบ for 11-13 minutes.


Frosted them with white frosting and a sprinkling of PIXIE DUST! (I told you, Tink was there)!


Dig in and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that, very clever!!!! Great party plan for old hippies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaahhh! these are so cute, taryn! i can't wait to make mini cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete